Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Top Four Favorite Soups

By Steve Hill, Site

I was listening, with interest, to a well known radio program last night as they were debating the nations favorite soups - yes I am rather pathetic and yes I do need to get a life! The presenter of the show invited members of the public to telephone, text and e-mail into the program as they conducted a mini survey of people's preferred soup! I was tempted to phone in myself but for whatever reason decided against it.

It was actually a really interesting program to listen to and I was quite surprised at the amount of people that did phone into the show. In reality all of the people could well have been the friends and family of the presenter himself but I would hope not.

Favorite Soups

You may not be surprised when you hear that chicken soup was voted as the overall winner or nations favorite. Chicken soup happens to be my favorite as well; I eat a bowl at least twice a week!

In second place came tomato soup. Apparently there was not a lot between these first two, only about five percent of the votes. I am not sure what it is about tomato soup but I just don't rate it. I can eat a few spoonfuls but then the taste just seems to bore me.

Oxtail soup came in a surprisingly impressive third place and in fourth place came vegetable soup.

So what was the point of this article and the radio show of last night? Well at the end of the day it is just a bit of fun and something to potentially spark a debate between friends and colleagues.